Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Beloved

My mother in law gave me a wonderful Glory Haus canvas many years ago, and it sits on my counter where I can read it everyday.  I am reading a book called Scary Close by Donald Miller and it is absolutely transforming the inner places of my heart. I just finished reading this quote in his book..."Each of us is unique and if we didn't exist something in the world would have been lost. I wonder, then, why we are so quick to conform-and what the world has lost because we have."

As my heart and mind ponder and process that, I walked some dishes to the sink and paused at the Canvas that sits on the corner and my heart was filled. The Lord is good. He is faithful. In the good times and hardest times, his love endures all things.  May your spirit be refreshed and renewed with the truth  from this "Beloved" canvas:

Rise Up, SHINE, for MY GLORY rises on you...I, the Lord, have called you...I will hold your hand, redeem you, and make you a symbol of PROMISE for my precious people.
I have put my SPIRIT on you and enabled you to share GOOD NEWS with the poor...I have sent you to free the captives, release the prisoners from darkness, and to heal broken hearts.  I bestow Beauty for ashes, Gladness for mourning, and I turn despair into praise. When you spend yourselves on behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then you will become a LIGHT in the dark places and your night will SHINE like the noonday. I will GUIDE you, SATISFY you and STRENGTHEN you...you will repair devastated places and restore the paths that lead to HOME for those who are lonely and wandering.  
Every Valley will be raised and every mountain be made low and MY GLORY will be revealed and together all of my children will see it...I, the LORD, love justice..instead of shame, Everlasting JOY will be theirs and all will know that they are a people that the Lord has blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment